CLOGGED ARTERIES – 8 Foods To Help Prevent Blocked Arteries
Many foods in the world are good for your health. 8 Foods below can give your heart at top level, prevent from clogged arteries happen.
8 FOODS FOR CLOGGED ARTERIES
- Garlic – Since ancient times garlic has been used to treat heart disease and hypertension. According to a study published in preventive medicine, garlic inhibits coronary artery calcification which serves as a marker for plaque formation.
- Grapes – Grapes are rich in flavonoids, quercetin, and resveratrol. These flavonoids have been found to prevent the oxidation of bad cholesterol that leads to the formation of plaque in artery walls. They also lower the risk of developing blood clots that can lead to heart attacks.
- Spinach – Spinach is rich in potassium and folic acids, both of which act as a defense against high blood pressure. Spinach is also rich in lutein, a plant carotenoid which not only protects against age related macular degeneration but also prevents heart attacks by keeping arteries free from cholesterol build up.
- Fish – A study conducted by researchers at Southampton University found that Omega 3 oils, present in fishes like tuna and salmon, stop the buildup of fatty deposits in the arteries. These fatty acids prevent clots from forming and cholesterol from becoming oxidized.
- Olive oil – Only oxidized cholesterol is able to stick to your artery walls and form plaques. Monounsaturated fats present in olive oil when mixed with molecules of bad cholesterol become less likely to be oxidized.
- Tomatoes -According to a study conducted by Korean researchers, lycopene, a compound present in tomatoes that gives them their color, helps in prevent hardening of the arteries. Researchers found that women with the highest lycopene levels in their blood had the least stiffness in their arteries.
- Pomegranates – Pomegranate juice not only appears to prevent hardening of the arteries by reducing blood vessel damage, but may also reverse the progression of this disease. Pomegranate fruit and its juice are high in antioxidant content, which may help fight hardening of the arteries.
- Kiwi and Cantaloupe – These antioxidant-rich foods work by reducing toxic LDL cholesterol, which is formed by a rusting process in your arteries. They can help stop the rust in its tracks and even prevent it
source: Anne Dookie