Polyphenols A Key Ingredient to Wellness
Polyphenols are phytochemicals, meaning compounds found abundantly in natural plant food sources that have antioxidant properties.
Polyphenols play an important role in maintaining your health and wellness. Antioxidants as a group help protect the cells in your body from free radical damage, thereby controlling the rate at which you age.
In the human body, polyphenols have diverse benefits:
• Fighting cancer cells
• Protecting your skin against UV radiation
• Fighting free radicals, and reducing the appearance of aging
• Promoting brain health
• Reducing inflammation
• Supporting normal blood sugar levels
• Protecting your cardiovascular system
• Promoting normal blood pressure