Special Tips Suhoor For Better Fasting During Ramadan
If you celebrate Ramadan, you know that during the next hot summer month you won’t be able to eat or drink anything – including water – from before dawn to sunset. To maintain energy and hydration throughout the day follow these tips for your pre-dawn meal suhoor from Muslim registered dietitian Nour El-Zibdeh. Get more energy by suhoor
27 TIPS FOR BETTER SUHOOR
- Make these bran muffins in advance to eat throughout the week.
- Spread almond butter on whole grain toast, then top with bananas and chia seeds.
- Toss bananas, skin-on pears, and pumpkin seeds with a little lime juice and cinnamon. Add Greek yogurt if possible.
- If you’re feeding a family, make instant oatmeal packets on Sunday to use throughout the week.
- Smash beans on whole wheat toast then top with a tomato and a fried egg.
- Make a big batch of this breakfast grain salad to eat throughout the week with fruits and nuts.
- Blend milk, yogurt, quick oats, banana, peanut butter, chia seeds and cocao powder for a quick protein smoothie.
- Scramble eggs with spinach and feta then wrap in a whole grain tortilla.
- Make breakfast quinoa by heating it with coconut milk, vanilla, and spices then add nuts and dried fruit.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle a fresh cheese on your avocado toast.
- Blend frozen banana with nut butter, cocoa powder, and water. Add oats if you have them.
- Add smoked salmon to a stack of avocado, fried egg, and a whole grain English muffin.
- Make a batch of hard boiled eggs to have all week then mix them into a crunchy breakfast salad.
- Layer Greek yogurt with oats, chia seeds, and mixed berries.
- Find a way to work veggies into your breakfast sandwich (made with whole grain bread of course).
- If you’re feeding a family, try this baked oatmeal casserole you can make ahead and reheat in the microwave.
- Blend a frozen banana with 1/2 cup frozen kale and 1/2 cup coconut water into a blender.
- Make smoothie packets for your freezer at the beginning of the week to keep that 3am meal simple.
- Make a smoothie with watermelon, Greek yogurt (protein), apples (fiber), and banana.
- Blend mangoes, oranges, and pineapple with coconut water and coconut butter.
- Make a delicious and hydrating Apple-Spice Breakfast Soup the night before.
- Try egg whites scrambled with fresh avocado and topped with grape tomatoes.
- Pair your eggs and a whole wheat muffin with a big pile of arugula and avocado.
- Make a quick breakfast wrap with fruit, nut butter, cinnamon, and a whole wheat wrap.
- Have a handful of berries and a cup of Greek yogurt with your whole wheat bagel and almond butter.
- Put poached eggs on a pile of greens and add fresh hydrating tomatoes.
- Finally, when you’re pressed for time, scarf a couple of hard-boiled eggs, a piece of whole wheat bread, and a fruit or vegetable.